background


Monday, January 31, 2011

January 31, 2011

Hello! Tell Brad and Jennie congrats on their little girl! She's is adorable! It is going to be so weird to come back and everyone will all be grown up! I have some great news! Mary set her own baptism date this past week and it is so cute because she is so excited and glowing! I was on an exchange in Dickson, so Sister Rigley and SIster Green were here and Sister Rigley bore a powerful testimony that Mary has always known the gospel is true, and the reason she feels so good is because she already knew the gospel. She walked out of the room and grabbed her planner and then said, I think I can be baptized on Feb 11 or 12. Sister Green said she was just sitting there worried about what was happening, that she was going to be offended, and suddenly she set her own date! So, she will be baptized on Febrary 11! We are so excited. That is a couple days after transfers, so I am praying I am going to stay! Yep, transfers are next tuesday already. Sister Green goes home in one week. In fact I helped her pack her bike this morning to get it sent home! We ate alot of meals at member's homes this week, and let me tell you what it does for me. I gained 3 lbs this week. We ate heavy mexican foods 3 times and then the other three meals were basically gourmet foods. Oh, and then Evelyn's son, Ron and his wife wanted to take us to breakfast for doing so much for his mom, so they took us to the famous Loveless Cafe. It was pretty good! I guess that is where all the country stars like to go for breakfast. We didn't see any, BUT along the way we did get to see Alan Jackson's old house... wooo. Haha, I guess it was pretty cool. I didn't realize how much history from the civil war is here in Franklin. We went to a confederate civil war cemetary, that was pretty cool. I decided I am a visual learner because I think I learned more about the civil war from going on a short little tour of Franklin than I have in all my years of high school in college. Sad, I know. But its true! Anyway, I have some pictures from that day for you!

I've been brainstorming what you could send me for my b-day and here are some of my ideas. MoTab CDs, conference talks, you can just burn some.. or whatever. I could also use some plain cap sleeve t-shirts. Mine are getting pretty worn out. I don't need white, but maybe brown and black. I also have a skirt that I want you to send for the summer sometime when it starts to get warmer. It is brown and it has yellow roses on it.. I think I still have it anyway. Thats pretty much all I have thought of. I am getting excited for the spring because then I can send all my winter stuff home. No more huge coats that take up all the space in my suitcase! I would like the Mrs Fields cookie recipe soon too! Uhm, hmmm. I guess thats all for now! I love you guys!

Love Sister Turner

here are some pics!
This is Alan Jackson's old house. Just thought you'd like to see it..

The confederate Cemetary. I can't remember how many soldiers were buried here, but they buried them by the mass.. and then had bigger headstones that had the state and how many that died.

This house is where the wounded soldiers were taken care of. There are still blood stains on the wood floor!

A headstone

 There is a random spot where the people planted hundreds of trees all in a straight line. It is pretty in the sunset!

Sister Green packing her bike!
   

The Loveless Cafe!
 
I didn't realize that I got behind the dog, haha. Just bein goofy!

Ron, Janice, Me, Sister Green. And the wall of fame! All of those pictures are signed by people who have eaten and enjoyed Loveless Cafe. Pretty fun place!


Sister Green and I on our way to the Loveless Cafe


me in the rocking chair at the "Factory" we always meet George there to teach him. George is a recent convert and he is hilarious!

1 comment:

  1. Hi I live in Knoxville. I came across your daughter's blog and followed her here. I don't think I have ever seen her in our building, but she could have been at one point. We don't have sisters serving in our ward.

    I am confused at missionaries getting to be online but I think that is awesome.

    What a great way to keep her mission story forever. I wish all 6 of my mission journals were online. It would make it a lot easier to reference my experiences.

    ReplyDelete