Hello!
Yep it has been another week already and it went by so fast! We had a little issue this week... we were both throwing up and had diarrhea. I am not sure where it came from but it hit both of us pretty hard. First it hit Sister Green on Monday and then it hit me on Wednesday night and all day thursday. But we are good now! It is crazy how fast time is going. We are already 1/2 way through this transfer already. Sister Green goes home in 3 weeks! I have to admit it is a little hard to not be trunky, but we are doing okay! Other than being sick.
Cody is doing good, he's in Harrogate still I think. I know his transfers were this past week and he hasn't told me if he got transferred or not yet so I am guessing he is still there. Oh, and today is my 11 month mark! Sister Green and I are really growing to love the Carnton ward. There are so many good people here! I don't know how Sister Green does it but she seems to bring so much life and laughter into everybody's lives. I really admire that about her! So, we are getting along great. There is a family, the kennellys, we went over to their house last night and they showed us some of the songs they had written. These girls are only like 14 and 16 years old but they are so talented. It is amazing! Anyway, life is good. I feel good! There is a lady in the Winstead Hill ward that knows the Maxwells just down the street from you and she said that Mallory brought David to their family reunion! The world is so small when you are LDS!
I can't remember if I told you but we have an investigator, Mary Kane, who invited us back over. She had decided she didn't want missionaries over, and just this past week she invited us back! She told us she has every intention of being baptized but she she doesn't feel like she has a burning testimony like most other members seemed to have. We had a really good lesson with her and she is a really good woman! Even though she wasn't meeting with us, she still came to church every Sunday that she didn't have to work, and sometimes she would come and sit by herself! She's not even a member of our church! We are way excited to work with her! I am pretty sure I have told you about Evelyn, the 90 year old woman we visit. Well, this past week she ASKED US to read a chapter from the book of mormon to her! It is a miracle because we have asked her in the past but she refused to hear from it, she would always tell us, "No, it has to be the King James Version!" Mostly she just wanted to see if she remembered any of it, because she has read it before but it was several years ago. But still! It made my day!
Why can I never remember what I wanted to tell you when I finally have the chance to? It is almost amazing that I accomplish anything the way my memory is. Alot of the time I can't even remember what we did that day. I guess just know that I love you, and that I am doing good! I love you all! Thank you for everything you do!
Love always
Sister Turner
Monday, January 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment