background


Monday, February 14, 2011

February 14, 2011

This is the letter I wrote last week, I am not sure why it didn't work but hopefully it will today!


I am staying in Franklin for another transfer! Sister Whitehead is coming here. I don't know her very well, so I hope it will be a good transfer! There are alot of things happening in our mission, it is kind of crazy. Our mission in one of the few who are doing an internet missionary work trial run. Using facebook, blogs, and skype! It probably sounds a little scary, but I think it is awesome they trust us to do it. Right now only 30 missionaries are doing it, but by the end of the month the whole mission will be doing it. Isn't it interesting? I guess we can talk to our investigators using facebook and we create a blog for discussions, topics, etc and put links to it on facebook. I guess the church is trying to find new ways to do missionary work, and since we live in such a high tech computer world, they are going to give it a shot. So if by the end of the month you see me on facebook, don't be alarmed!

I have to admit I've been a little bit trunky this past week, ok maybe a lot trunky. But it is hard when you are killing someone off! Sister Green has been pretty good about not talking about it too much, but I can tell she is excited and her family is coming here to pick her up on wednesday. Its hard to not think about home and doing normal things! On friday on our way to a member's house, Sister Green was looking in the mirror and looks at me and says, "Sister Turner. There is something wrong with my face!" So I looked at her and her left eye isn't blinking with her right eye and when she smiled 1/2 of her mouth wasn't working. Within 10 minutes the whole left side of her face went numb! Well, needless to say we went to the doctor and she got diagnosed with Bells Palsy, a virus that attacks the nerves. So she is on medication and the doctor told her it could take up to 6 months for the numbness to go away! The poor thing! 3 days before going home! She has been having a good attitude about it though, and she just laughs and turns it into a joke. I really admire that about her!

Well, Mary's baptism is kind of on hold for now... she has some concerns that she is trying to work through and we don't have the situation all figured out yet. She still could be baptized this weekend but as far as we know, she wants to wait. It is an interesting situation, so we'll see what happens. Thats the update on her. We're in serious need of finding new investigators here.

So, two new little cousins!? Goodness, that is awesome! Sounds like things back home are good! I am doing pretty good despite the trunkiness! We have commited to having a prayer journal that when we pray and receive revelation or guidance, we write it down. It has been awesome! It is so easy to say a prayer and immediately get off your knees and go to bed, but when we do that, we miss the opportunity for answers to our prayers! It also helps me realize how I can recognize the spirit guiding me. More and more I am coming to know that the gospel is true no matter where you go or what you try to do! Man I am grateful to know for myself it is true! My mission has taught me a lot of things. For one I feel like my weaknesses and shortcomings are magnified by a thousand, haha. But it has also taught me that despite my weaknesses, I can still move forward. I feel like the more I learn the more I realize I know very little! It has also taught me how to love. To love people, to love myself, to love life, to love each day, to love the gospel! I truly believe that love is the core of the gospel, and the more we choose to love others rather than judge or criticize, the more we become like Christ. It is such a simple thing, but without it, we are nothing! And without it, life kinda sucks! Anyways, I love you all so much! Thanks for everything!

Love
Sister Turner

ps, my year mark is on the 17th.. so you can send me a surprise package in the mail if you want. if you want, i'm just sayin! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment