background


Monday, January 24, 2011

January 24, 2011

Hello! Mission life is going good! No, we don't have any baptism dates yet. We are going to see Mary this afternoon and we are going to have a kneeling prayer with her and let her feel the spirit and point it out to her. She really is awesome but we feel like she is going to have to pick her own baptism date. We received a referral from an 18 year old girl who has a boyfriend at BYUI and she wanted to know what she needed to do to join our church! We met with her on friday and her younger sister who is 16 sat in with us and it was so cool! They both had a lot of questions and really want to learn about it. She told us that she felt like her boyfriend had such a close relationship with God, and she wants that in her life, so she went on mormon.org and chatted with the missionaries and then we showed up at her door! :) If you haven't looked at the new website on mormon.org, go look at it. It is really neat. There are videos of people who are members of the church, about their lives and who they are. It is so cool because you get to see all kinds of people who have their own hobbies and interests, who are "normal" people, haha, who are members!
I am growing to love this area more, in fact I hope I have another transfer here. I remember when I first got here, one of the sisters who served here told me that she hated it her first transfer and then loved it on her second. I totally understand now! It is hard in so many ways, but at the same time I love it here. This morning we made flowers to put in your hair with a lady in the ward and they turned out so cute! They are all kinds of creative and crafty out here, it made me want to go do a bunch of crafts! :P We also had specialized training this past with with President Hutchings and we discussed the doctrine of Christ, and how that is really what we need to focus on. It is amazing how simple the gospel is, but that we always keep learning new things. Understanding the reason behind why we do things, like go to church! We had to role play for like 3 hours each day of the training meeting. I have to admit I hate role playing, but it does help a little bit. We had Sister larsen and Sister Cosper stay with us on Monday and Tuesday. That was alot of fun! We had dinner at a members house and it was one of those awkward moments when I could not stop laughing, everything was so funny. But no one else seemed to think it was, which made it even funnier! I really like the sisters who are out here!

Oh, mom, I looked at my debit card and realized it is going to expire in February, so they should be sending me a new card. Will you forward it to me out here? Ha, it would probably be better if I didn't have it.. but just in case! I didn't do quite so well this past month with budgeting.. I also realized it is almost my birthday again! Dang, I am getting old. Our mission decided we should only listen to MoTab, and so it would be great if you could send me some cds. I only have 2, and they are getting old real fast! Haha. Oh, and we can listen to conference talks. Which, bytheway, I still have not gotten the ones you said you bought forever ago from last conference. I am not sure what happened but all I know is I don't have them.

Well, I guess thats about it for now! I love you guys! I'll talk to you again next week!

Love
Sister Turner


I haven't sent pictures in awhile, so here are a few from the last few weeks!

Sister Green and Sister Cosper at Sweet CeCe's!

Sister Green and I

We get free ice cream once a week from Sweet CeCe's and it is delicious!
Can you guess which one is mine?

All of us at Evelyn's. She LOVED having 4 of us over.
She is so sweet, we just love her to death!

We were driving down the road and suddenly a very large snowman appeared, so we stopped to take a picture with him! I think they had to use ALL of the snow in their front yard to make it.

This ginormous house is either Dave Ramsey's or LeAnn Rimes'. Yep, welcome to Franklin! They have some huge houses out here!

Ok, well thats all I have the patience for, haha. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment