background


Wednesday, July 6, 2011

July 5, 2011

Happy 4th of July! We are going to Morgantown for the catfish festival today, and I am pretty excited about it. I have never had catfish before and I figured I may as well try it while I'm out here cuz I probably wont ever eat it again! Our past week was pretty long. We did ALOT of driving and not a whole lot of teaching it felt like. We had a hard time with set appointments this past week! But we did set 2 more dates! Tony Hale is getting baptized this weekend on the 9th and we set a date with Phylecia in Russellville. It is amazing how much the Lord has blessed us despite our struggles. This week should be pretty busy and things should pick up again. We have a lot of people from the wards calling us and wanting us to come teach people they know. It is amazing how much better missionary work goes when it all comes from the members. I remember before my mission I thought missionaries were the ones who found people to teach, but now I realize our efforts would be useless if we don't have the member's support. I am really grateful for the wonderful people out here who are willing to help, some people once or twice a week just for missionary work. Some of our branches are so small too and they cover big areas. Russellville is the smallest branch we have, the chapel doesn't even have any pews. Just chairs! And instead of a big pulpit, there is just a little wooden stand, and there are only about 10 active families. It breaks my heart because they are the sweetest people you'll ever meet and they work so hard just to keep people active. Things are going pretty great though. Somedays it is hard to stay focused with all the driving time we have, I keep thinking about home. I think this is the trunkiest I have ever been! Too much time to think I guess! I am starting to feel anxious and claustrophobic sitting in a car soooo much! We probably need to get out and run around more!


Anyways, I guess thats all I have for now! I got your letter in the mail finally! It sounds like girls camp was a lot of fun! Now you can rest. :)

I love you!
Sister Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment