background


Monday, June 27, 2011

June 27, 2011

Thanks for all the pictures! It is so good to see them all! I miss home a lot! It was good to see pictures of the cabin! I am going to need a vacation there or something! :) This past week has been quite the adventure. Yes we are covering 7 wards still! From the furthest west we go to the furthest east is about a 5 hour drive. Last month we went about 5,800 miles, just to give you an idea of how much we drive. We may as well be truck drivers, seriously. Thats almost a drive across the US and back. You know how tired you feel after a long road trip drive? Yeah, that is how we feel every day! We drove out to tompkinsville for the first time and had some interesting experiences. Here is why a GPS is sometimes a bad idea. There we were trying to get to a LA members house and our GPS tells us to turn onto this gravel road off to the side. At first it looked fine (i mean 1/2 of these off roads are gravel anyway!), and we drove through a gate and thought to ourselves thats weird and kept driving. Then the gravel road turns and we see two barns close to each other, something normal. A man out by his truck, we wave and drive past right in between the barns. Suddenly the road turns into a grass field and we ran into a barbed wire fence hiding in all the tall grass. Yep, there we were on this man's private farm property trying to get to a different road our GPS said it was connected to. Needless to say we felt pretty stupid! We felt kind of like Michael in the office when he drives into a lake because thats where the GPS took him. The man wasn't too happy with us, but lucky he led us out before he locked us in. Oh the adventures we have! Saturday the Bishop in Fulton invited us to his son's cookout. He does competitions for barbequeing and there were ribs, pulled chicken, ham, hot wings, duck wrapped in bacon. And it was soooo good! Probably the best BBQ I have ever had in my life. I didn't feel too well afterward though...


We had our last zone conference with President Hutchings and it was a pretty sad day, and since then we've all been kinda down. He has been such a great leader of our mission. It was great to see him one last time.

No, i haven't gotten your letter yet. Honestly I haven't gotten ANY mail in about 4 weeks. It has been discouraging I have to admit.

I have been having issues with my digestive system lately. Remember what i had the week before I left? I started to feel the same way this past week. It felt like there was a rock hanging out in my intestines and it hurt pretty bad. i called the doctor and asked him what to do about it so he told me to drink more fluids and get more fiber, and so far I feel a little better. Anyway, i hope it doesn't keep reoccurring! We started doing a biggest loser competition in our apartment and so far its not going so well. Just because we made the goal and wrote it down, here comes opposition! It is annoying. I just need to eat healthier, I think I would start feeling a lot better if I did. We really have been trying to eat more fruits and vegetables but by the end of the month we run out of money and just have to eat what we have left. Anyways, I am looking forward to coming home! 10 weeks left. :)

I love you
Sister Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment