background


Monday, July 11, 2011

July 12, 2011

Ok, that is what I figured! I honestly would rather just come home anyway. I have done enough traveling of the mission. :) I am glad to hear Amanda has had her surgery and is doing okay. How long does she have to wait to recover? It was also good to hear that you and Cody's parents went to lunch. That made me really happy! I am excited to see them again too. Yes, Sept 7th is right around the corner! 8 more weeks from Wednesday and I will be home. It started to hit me when I got your note about getting my release date letter and when Elder Christenesen called about flight plans! We have two weeks left of the transfer and then it will be my last.


We did have Tony's baptism this weekend! It went so great. They invited us to come over for dinner tonight for some spaghetti! We got to eat at this cute older couple's house too this week. Their house looks like a little log cabin, they dont have air conditioning and they even have a copper bathtub! She made us this homade bread and fried chicken and corn on the cob and fresh garden vegetables. Oh is was so good! Sis Walker reminds me of grandma Wilson actually! They showed us around their little piece of property and their garden. It is probably a house you'd like to stay at just for the experience. I took some pictures but I will just have to show it when I get home. Another really cool thing that has happened is that one of the girls we have been working with in Morgantown has gotten the okay to get rebaptized!

It is so cool to see the atonement in action in people's lives. i think that is my number one favorite thing! To watch someone who has been through so much and be rebellious come around and see the changes in their life. I really have come to know that the Lord is merciful and he provides a way back the minute someone chooses to follow. We also met a new investigator this week and taught him the restoration. His brother is a member in another town and he has taken the discussions before but he wasn't open to it at the time. But I guess he read some of the apocrypha, and the book of enoch and he got thinking about the priesthood. Apparently he started connecting the dots and he told us he knows it is true now so we set a date for him to get baptized on August 16! We have had a really great week, probably one of the busiest so far!

To answer your question about facebook, yeah we kind of just do things when we have time now which isn't often. So once or twice a week is about all we get. But it's alright! I feel like I am running out of blog ideas anyway. Sunday we went to church in Tompkinsville, KY and it might be the most hick ward I have been to. I loved it though! We tried to sit by this lady and she told us to go away because missionaries make her uncomfortable.. she told us her husband was in the bishopric and she didn't need us to talk to her. She must have had some pretty awful experience with missionaries because that was the first time we have ever had a member not want to talk to us!

haha, we stopped at this old lady's house one night on our way home and sis cosper went to go knock on the door ond there was a HUGE spider right by the door. So when we knocked we told the lady to be careful because there was a huge spider and she was like okay, i will be right back. She came back with a scrunched wrapping paper and told us to point where it was so she could smash it. She couldn't see! She tried to get about 5 times and then she said, "Its okay, dont worry sisters. I got it!" Haha, but it was just right there next to her head. It was pretty funny.

Yeah I am senior for right now, but it really doesn't feel much like it. Which is how I feel like it should be anyway. Sis Cosper is a great missionary! We get along great for the most part. i think spending so many hours in the car gets us a little aggravated sometimes, but thats life. She goes home after I do. I am actually the oldest sister in the mission right now. Sister taratieru goes home with me I think.

I am looking forward to coming home and going to Tuahchan! i think that sounds like fun! I had a dream the other night that I was home and i got on the computer and I realized i could browse i-tunes. Haha, I don't think i ever felt so thrilled to listen to something other than Mo-tab. haha, I guess my brain is trying to prepare me for the future. :)

I love you!
Sister Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment