background


Monday, July 25, 2011

July 18, 2011

Hello!


Well here I am in the last week of this transfer. We had a good week. The first half of the week we were super busy in our areas, and then the last half wasn't quite as busy as far as lessons go but we did have a lot to do still. We got to go to Emily Griffin's baptism this on saturday. Emily is someone who Sis Larsen knew at the beginning of her mission in Dickson and then started teaching her at the end of her mission in fulton, where she was going to school! It was so great. Its funny because she told us how she was NOT going to become a mormon! But she read the book of mormon and prayed about it and knew it was true. She tried to back out of it but she couldn't. She is so awesome though! She has studied ALOT about the church and always had so many questions for us. Her baptism went great, he mom and her sister came. Her dad wouldn't come though, he told her is was a big mistake. It always amazes me to see people get such solid testimonies and defend it no matter what. I think it would be really hard to go forward with it if your family was opposed to it. But she will be the pioneer for her family. Jaret is getting baptized this weekend in Morgantown. he is doing great! He is a great kid, and he is always so humble and willing to do whatever it takes to be baptized.

Oh! I almost forgot. Tuesday night we sat under an overpass waiting for a crazy scary storm to pass over us on our way home, and i ran over a racoon..., thursday night our tire popped on our way home, and sat night i almost hit a drunk man stumbled his way across the road at night on a 55 mph country road. I dont know why all of those things happened but I am a little nervous to drive anymore! The funny thing is the day before our tire popped we had JUST gotten a oil change and tire rotation. I guess what Heavenly Father is trying to tell me is be careful on the road? I mean, I feel like I already am but maybe not as careful as he thinks I should be. The storm was so crazy though, you probably read it on my blog already but it was insane. We literally could not see more than 10 ft in front of us and there was constant lightening strikes and winds up to 60 mph. the clouds were basically touching the ground I think. But we suvived, obviously.

I can't remember if there was something else I was going to tell you.. I attached a picture of emily's baptism and a picture of me and sis cosper.



I love ya~
Sister Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment