background


Monday, June 27, 2011

June 20, 2011

Hello! We had two baptisms this week! They went so good. Baptisms are always so stressful but so worth the effort! Jailyn Oaks and Ladonna Tidwell. Jailyn is 17 and she is the first in her family to come back to church. the rest are members but not active. It was pretty amazing to see all of the young women supporting her. There are 8 young women now and I think of those 8, 6 of them are converts! The miracles happening in that Morgantown ward are amazing! Ladonna is the first in her family to join, she is going to marry a member in July. She is super sweet! We had such a great lesson with Sister Larsen and her family at the Browns. We talked about the importance of families and getting to the temple and having her parents there to testify was so amazing! Then we glued pictures of the temple to a poster and had the kids and the parents trace their hands and sign it so that they could remember their goal of getting to the temple. there are so many wonderful experiences that happen on a mission and bringing families closer together is by far one of the best!


On Monday we all got to go to a baseball game on monday night in Nashville because we sang the national anthem. It was so much fun! It was great to feel like a normal person for a second. Pres hutchings got to throw the first pitch too. Its cool because it was the night all the new missionaries had come in! So on their first day in the mission field they went to a baseball game! And we were told not to proselyte, haha. They all looked pretty shell shocked coming from the MTC lol. Pres hutchings said their e-mail home will be interesting, all their parents will wonder if he went crazy taking us all to a baseball game, haha.

I wanted to send dad a Father's Day card but I just didn't get to it. I love you dad! Happy Fathers Day! We are down to the last week and a half left with President Hutchings. it's pretty weird! He has been such a good mission president! Well we don't have much time today either. I will be looking forward to your letters! I miss them!

I love you!
Love Sister Turner

i tried to send some pics of the baptism but it didn't work so I will just post them on facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment