background


Monday, June 27, 2011

June 6, 2011

Hello~


We had a great week. We had our baptisms in Fulton yesterday for Hannah and Sierra Brown. There is a story behind it cuz it was actually supposed to be on saturday! But when we called Bro Brown to see if they were still on schedule and he told us Hannah had just gotten out of the emergency room! She fell out of a kid pool and hit her head on a meter box and had a mild concussion. She was throwing up and not doing well. It was pretty sad! But some members gave her a blessing and she felt better the next day so we had it after church. It is amazing the tactics satan uses to keep people from doing such important things! It was cute, we have this rule that we tell investigators that they have to keep the word of wisdom for 7 days before their baptism. Well, Hannah likes her sweet tea, and right after she got baptized she yelled out, "yay I can have tea now!" I guess we didn't explain you have to keep it after being baptized too! She was a little bummed but she agreed, haha! They are awesome! We are working with the rest of the family to set a date for baptism now. It was an exhausting weekend! But well worth it! Well, we are on the last week of the transfer already! I can't believe it! So another sister is going home and I get to be the one to get her ready. Yep 3rd in a row! But atleast I wont have to worry about killing anyone else off! Only myself. :)

Oh homegrown vegetables sound so good! I have been craving them so much lately! I feel like store bought produce is getting worse and worse with all the pesticides and chemicals and steroids or whatever they use. What I would give for some homegrown tomatoes! I have been craving your rasberry peach jam too mom! There are acres and acres of corn fields growing out here and all I want is to have a bbq with corn! It is getting hot here too. The other day it reached 100 while we were out driving... add the humidity and it was probably more like 110. Yep. I have heard this summer is supposed to be worse than last years and it there is talk of a drought. Oh boy, I am not ready for it! I will count my blessings that we spend most of our time in an air conditioned car though. Atleast we don't have to be out on our bikes! (knock on wood!)

This week we get to go to the temple and I am way excited! It is something to look forward to, especially when we only get to go every 6 months. I realize now how much it strengthens me! Well, I think that is all I have for now. I love ya! Good luck with girls camp. It sounds like it will be a great time!


Love
Sister Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment