background


Monday, February 14, 2011

February 14, 2011, part 2

Yep, I am doing pretty good. I did get your e-mail! One week into the transfer, and I am trying to figure out how to work with Sister Whitehead. She is the complete opposite of Sister Green, so it has been interesting trying to transition between someone who is so social and bubbly and easy going to someone who is so quiet, follows me around everywhere I go watching me like she doesn't know what to do. It was a little hard the first few days and I started to wonder how I was going to survive for 6 weeks but I decided to try to just love her and do my best. She only has two transfers left! I don't know if I told you this but several months ago she was in a horrible bike accident and lacerated her liver, broke her arm, and tore up her face. She is very shy and quiet, she's from Orem and she wants to be a writer. Thats about as much as I have gotten out of her. Well, missionary life is pretty good I guess. We really need to find more people to teach because our teaching pool is dwindling fast. Mary's baptism didn't happen, and things are back to what they were before... We probably wont get to meet with her until she decides she is ready again. It is so frustrating but we are going to be patient and let her know we still love her.


Our ward had a youth missionary event activity that I thought was brilliant. All the young men and young women divided up into companionships and learned the "cups lesson" (basically the restoration using cups as a visual) and then several families volunteered to have a companionship at their home to hear the lesson and they invited neighbors/friends who were non members there and they fed them dinner. The purpose of it was to prepare the youth for missions, and get them excited for it, and at the same time could give us referrals! I really am amazed at how much the members out here are involved in missionary work. I think it is because here the members are more spread out and there are usually atleast one set of missionaries in the ward if not 2, and in Utah one set of missionaries can cover like 2 or 3 stakes! Its pretty amazing.

Well, I am sure I had lots to tell you about but for some reason I can't remember what happened. I think my mission has given me temporary scatter-brainess, or maybe I have just always been that way and never knew it. I think because there is so much to do and think about, that I can't keep track of everything! The weather out here this week is going to be so nice! We have had snow like every other week, sometimes every week, for the last two months! And this week the LOW is 53 degrees! Woohoo! It is so nice outside! I hit my year mark on thursday! Can you believe it? I get to burn something!

Well anyways, I love you all! Happy Valentine's Day!
Love Sister Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment