background


Monday, September 27, 2010

September 27, 2010

Hello!
We are on the last week of the transfer and everything is going pretty well. We got to go to the relief society broadcast on saturday, and I thought about mom watching it in St G the same time I was. It was a good meeting, we had one of our investigators there with us. We went out with one of the members in the ward to visit some less active members and sort of got a new investigator from it! One of the ladies' husband is not a member and has already had the discussions and agreed to take them again. But he works a lot and is super busy, so we may not get to teach him often. We had a pretty cool experience with a girl we had formerly met a few weeks ago and she turned the Book of Mormon down. Well we were talking to a lady outside of her apartment, and Amber came out and listened to us. She asked us several questions about polygamy, and if we use the bible, and if we believe we are the true church. By the end of it she basically asked US for a book of mormon! So we came back a couple days later to teach her again, and her brother came out with her this time. He openly told us he was homosexual and had questions about how our church believed. It turned out to be a really good discussion though, and he told us how he feels guilty about his feelings and doesn't want to feel that way. So we talked about the atonement and being able to overcome through the Savior. We left him with an article that Sis Blackham just happened to read a couple days earlier about homosexuality in the ensign. The more I come to know other people and their struggles, the more I realize how infinite the atonement is. We are so hard on ourselves, myself included, that sometimes it leads to despair rather than hope. So the more I see the good in others, even though they struggle with things, the more compassion I have toward them. We are all God's children, and what we all really need is to love and help each other overcome.

Well I love all of you!
Thank you for everything you do for me!

Love
Sister Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment