Well, I am getting transferred! I am a little sad to be leaving Portland. I have loved serving here! But president Hutchings called us on Saturday morning before conferece and talked to Sister Blackham first, and told her she would be training! So I knew I was leaving at that point. Then he talked to me and said I was headed for Clarksville, the military town with Sister Cosper! We will be whitewashing the area, and I will be greenie busting Sis Cosper. She has been out for two transfers but she has had the same companion, so that will be interesting! It is also an area that has only a part time car, so I will probably be using my bike! Just as it is starting to get cold..! Which reminds me, I think I am going to be needing some warmer winter clothes. I've heard it gets pretty cold out here. I did get to watch all of conference. it was really good! The theme seemed to be the priesthood and prophet/leadership. Which is interesting because that is one thing that a lot of people out here struggle to understand. They think there are lots of prophets on the earth today! Anyway, so I am kinda sad to be leaving because there is so much happening here in Portland in October. Deborah and Barry are getting married, and she is getting baptized. And one of our other investigators we just commited to pray about a day to be baptized. Then there is the Gladys Knight fireside that we were going to be at all 3 shows to help out. Now I get to go to a new area where neither one of us knows much about, and figure out who is going to Gladys Knight and all of that fun stuff. Although when President Hutchings called and told me I felt very strongly that Clarksville is where I am supposed to be. Which I haven't felt that strong about a transfer yet! I'll probably spend Christmas there too! So that is the update on transfers! Sis Blackham is pretty excited to train I think! A little nervous too because you never know what they will be like! It has really cooled down this past week. Last night it got down to the mid 30's and today I think the high is 60 something.
Well i am glad that you guys had fun at the cabin. I bet it was really nice up there! I can't really think of much else to say. I feel scatterbrained with everything I need to do before transfers tomorrow. I will have to send more pictures later I guess. I am not sure why they didn't get sent in the last letter.
Anyway, I love you all so much. Keep having fun!
Love always
Sister Turner
The first picture is of Sister Hathaway and her daughter Sarah. We had dinner over at their house every sunday! They are awesome!
Wilson road!
Me, out on a random country road, pondering deep thoughts...
Sister Blackham and I taking pictures!

No comments:
Post a Comment