background


Monday, September 20, 2010

September 20, 2010

That is exciting for Jake! Tell him congrats and good luck for me. He'll just love the MTC.. haha for two months he'll be there!    (Jake is Crystal's cousin who recieved his mission call to the Germany Berlin Mission.)
We have had a good week. We have been working with the same people. Bobby, Barry and Deborah, and Mindi. Barry and Deborah both came to church this sunday again! If Barry quits smoking and comes to church one more time, he can be baptized too! MIndi and her husband were also at church, and I think Mindi will be baptized pretty soon. We haven't set a date yet but I am guessing it will be the middle of October, possibly the same day as Deborah's baptism. Bobby didn't come to church again. We are really struggling to get him there every week. We had some members come with us to teach him the other night and it turned out really well because it just so happened that the lady who came had also been a biker in the past, so she could relate to him. He told us how he is worried about taking a step into the dark because of some of the things that have happened in his past with other church preachers. He also mentioned he hasn't been able to forgive himself for the things he has done in his past. So, we found out a few more reasons that he is struggling to get an answer. He really is a good guy though, and I don't know why he thinks he isn't worthy to have the full blessings. We went to a Freewill Baptist bible study the other night, where Bobby attends and it was pretty interesting. The preacher does bible "mythbusters." That night he was talking about whether or not cremation is a sin. I don't know where they come up with these random things to talk about, but he actually used an article that was written by a professor at BYU to show them what we believed. He was actually very respectful to our beliefs! He started out by saying that it doesn't matter how good of a life you lived, if you are cremated, you will be sent to hell for it. But by the end of his sermon, he was saying that nowhere in the bible does it say cremation is a sin. No wonder the people out here are so confused! Even their own pastors don't know how to make up their minds! I am so grateful to have a prophet, and to have grown up in the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! I have realized that most people believe in only half of the plan of salvation. They see the earth, and they interpret the spirit world as heaven and hell, but they are missing the big picture. I think the plan of salvation is my favorite lesson to teach because they get introduced to the whole plan! It really is a wonderful plan that our Heavenly Father developed for us.
This next week is the Relief Society broadcast, which I am excited for. It is amazing how much I love it when the ward has activities, haha. We don't get to go to them very often, so when we do, we get pretty excited. I am also excited for General Conference! Today we are having a zone p-day in Madison! We are going to play volleyball and basketball, so that should be fun! Well, I guess that is all for today.

I love all of you! Have a good week!

Love
Sister Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment