Well, we've had a busy and good last week. The weather has finally cooled down a bit for us! We have been doing more walking outside,trying to find new investigators. Bobby is doing well, we drew a plan of salvation on the sidewalk with chalk the other day. That was a lot of fun, and so far he likes what we have taught him. He is still praying about getting baptized and we will be seeing him tonight so hopefully he will have an answer for us. We decided to go contact a couple less active members and ended up finding a young guy and his wife, who is not a member and they have agreed to let us come over and teach the lessons! It was interesting because he said that none of the missionaries had been over before. That is probably the biggest task for the Portland area, because there are a lot of less active members here. Most of them are very nice and welcoming. We have also been teaching an older couple, the wife is a member, but they attend the First Baptist church. But she has opened up to us more and has started to ask more questions about the church. She was baptized when she was younger, but got older and started to doubt and go to other churches. They love us to come over though, and I think the spirit is starting to work on her. So, things are going well here!
I am getting real excited for fall weather. It is right around the corner! One funny story of the week: Every thursday we go over to Richland Assisted and paint fingernails and talk to the elderly women there. One of the ladies I was talking to kept asking if Sis Blackham was my daughter about every 2 minutes. Haha, it made me laugh! Especially since Sis Blackham is older than me by a year! :)
On Saturday we got to go down to Franklin for a baptism of one of Sis Blackham's old investigators. That was a lot of fun, because we got to see the sisters serving there. I got to talk to my trainer! SisterWinder! Who now only has about 4 months left of her mission. I am where she was when she trained me! It was crazy to realize that! She had already trained someone before me too!
Well I guess thats all I have for today. I love you all so much though, and I miss you! Tell everyone hello from me!
Love,Sister Turner
I have been wanting to send grandma and grandpa Wilson something, butI don't have their address.

No comments:
Post a Comment