background


Monday, August 1, 2011

hahaha what a way to start out with all those trunky emails! All kinds of questions to answer, haha. Well first of all, about Fulton. They have had missionaries before but they haven't had any sisters in years! It has been about a year since they have had fulltime missionaries. We cover 6 different counties! Yep its a big one. This past week has been an adventure I'll tell ya. First of all it was a 3 hour drive from Franklin to here and we had ALL of our stuff packed in. We looked like we were headed across the country on a road trip. We had a dinner appointment/lesson that was scheduled that night that we were already going to be late to and I was trying to get there a little faster without speeding.. too much.. and well... There we were in a speed trap. The speed went from 65 to 55 to 45 back to 55 and so on for about 10 miles and I got pulled over... Ugh. Yeah. I was going 68 in a 55. I told Sis Cosper and the mission president that I was just not going to drive for the rest of my mission but he told me I could if I took the driver's defense course.. again. Well at first I was going to cry about it but then I decided its just better to laugh. I didn't laugh when I saw 3 cops speed right past with no lights on though. Anyway. So, I have to call to find out how much it will be. So there's that first! Then we got to Sharon, where we are staying with some members because we didn't have an apartment yet. (We will be moving in hopefully on tuesday though. It is in Union City) We also dont have a phone yet either and so we have been using the members' that we live with. I am not sure how we are going to make it with limited miles again I really think this area is twice as big as most areas. So far we have only gone under 100 miles once in a day. It is almost like traveling, just not as long! Its great though. the members are awesome here. We spoke in church yesterday just briefly and the Bishop has been a huge support. It has seemed like a long week though. I think this heat is awful! I just want it to go by fast, for several reasons! ;)


We do have a baptismal date, hopefully 3 actually. Michael and hopefully his wife Ginger and also Levi and possibly his mom JoyAnna. We have a lot of good things happening here, we're just trying to figure out the area and how we are going to make it mostly!

About what I want to do when I get home. Well, I have been dying for that cafe rio meal. I would love that! As far as a party, I have no idea. I mean I definately want to have one! I'd say when I got there but I dont know what time that will be? I am guessing I am going to be pretty tired so I dont want it to last all day. Hmm I dunno I'll think about it. I'm gonna want to spend time with Cody though, thats for sure. It also kind of depends on when I am going to be released? I guess there are alot of factors that will play into it, haha. Just a casual get together like always probably. I'll let you know if I have any ideas! Well there is alot happening!

I guess thats about all I have for now! Oh, no I haven't gotten your letters yet. I think they are holding our mail until we are in our apartment. So I will probably get it sometime this week.

Thanks! I love you all!

Love
Sister Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment