We finally set a baptismal date with someone! We had a good lesson with Terry and for the first time he told us he believed what we were teaching was true! So we told him to pray about being baptized on April 30th, and then we called him the next morning and he said he felt good about it! He also came to BOTH sessions of general conference yesterday! Terry is a very nice guy, he has a really good heart, and has been through some pretty rough things in his life. Keep him in your prayers because once a date is set, opposition will come! So that is the most exciting news! I really enjoyed conference. It was interesting because I tried to guess what the general theme of conference would be and I was right! I loved hearing Elder Scott talk about his wife. I like it when you get to see their more personal side of life.
We also had dinner with a less active/part member family this past week and it went really well. They were such a nice family and they want us to come back. I don't know how often we'll get to see them because the husband works alot and told us April is a really busy month. Life is pretty good though! Time really seems to be going faster and faster, after this week we'll already be 1/2 way through another transfer and then all I have left is 3 transfers. President Hutchings will be going home in June too, which is really sad. He has been such a great mission president.
I have been extra tired lately, and I am not sure if it is the pollen, the fact that I have been out for a long time, the time change, or what, I guess it is a combination of everything, but I feel like I could go home and sleep for a year, haha. Things are going good though. I am starting to feel like I can't remember much about home, I think it is going to be strange to go back to the hot dry desert. The thunder is rolling right now and I love it! it makes me really excited! The thunder here is so cool, it actually rolls for more than a few seconds because there aren't any mountains to dull the sound. Anyways, I think that is all I have for now!
I love you!
Love
Sister Turner
Monday, April 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment