background


Monday, April 11, 2011

April 11, 2011

Well, hi!


This week we set another date, with Terry's friend Rick. Only problem is... he lives in Nashville. Haha, now if we oculd just find someone IN our area to set a date with! :) Life is good though. I am starting to feel anxious to leave this area, kinda getting tired of the routine. BUT I am good. The past two days have been a record high for this time of the year, 92 degrees! I don't appreciate it at all! Today is in the 70's again thank goodness. It was a small reminder of how awful the summers are here, haha. One more, I can do it! Brother Ross just had surgery in his mouth, he had a tumor removed. The poor thing has had one thing after another! Then yesterday, Sister Ross noticed her ceiling was dripping water, and found out the pan that holds the condescension from the air conditioner was bowed, so they had to turn the air off for the day and tried to fix it. They have been really good to us living in their home!

Someone is blasting some really loud rock music here in the library.. it is a little distracting! I can't really remember what happened last week, it went by so fast. Hey, did Sylvia adopt a girl..? I am a little confused. I saw some posts on facebook and I am just wondering. (Yes Sylvia and Troy are going through the adoption process.)  I could tell you about the tornado warning, but you already saw it on my blog, haha. I feel like you get more from my blogs than my letters now! We went to the relief society birthday party and I ate some seaweed! It was actually not too bad. Apparently they put rice and meat in it for a little asian taco! I also ate baby bok choy and it was actually really good! Then Sis Hefner gave a really good presentation of the history of relief society and did a really good job. Normally that would bore me to death, but she made it really interesting. She talked about how after the Relief Society was organized that alot of blessings came to women all over the world, that relief society was not just a blessings for members of the church. For instance, job opportunities, and being able to vote. Then she talked about how it isn't just a program to fill our time and go to when we have a chance, but that it is something we need to belong to, to develop friendships with other women because we have such a great impact on each other. Anyway, I really liked it!

Mom, I have really been missing your cooking for the past month or so. Southern food is good and all, but its nothing like home! I probably need you to send me the recipe for the cafe rio dinner! dressing, pork, rice, all of it! Haha, I have been craving it soooooo bad. They don't have anything like that out here. Ok, haha, I have been a little bit trunky lately! I miss the mountains too, and the clean, dry air! Well, I guess I am going to stop there. :)

I love you all! And yes, I do still enjoy letters!
Love Sister Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment