Hello!
First news first, looks like I'll be here in franklin for 6 months! I have another 6 weeks here. Not what I thought at all! On friday I felt like I was going to be transferred and felt like I had done what I needed to here, but apparently not haha. WHo knew Franklin would be the area I'd spend 6 months in? So, I get to kill off two sisters in a row. Don't be surprised if I start to feel a little trunky! I am doing good though. We had a pretty good week, although I wound up with hayfever and my ears are still plugged! But I feel a lot better now. We had a specialized training meeting with just us and the zone leaders on thursday from 9 am to about 4:30 pm, role playing. About 7 hours of role playing! Man it was crazy. The purpose of it was we had to role play until we had an amazingly powerful lesson where the spirit was strong. We were supposed to learn how to recognize and use the spirit more effectively and it was intense! A little frustrating too, but I learned alot. Saturday we helped Evelyn pull weeds in her yard, and it was quite nice to have an outlet for a few hours to do some physical labor. Who knew I'd enjoy pulling weeds?! We talked to Mary yesterday at church and she told us she is still intending to get baptized, but she didn't want to set a date because she doesn't want it to drop again. So we are going to start visiting her again! We stopped by one of the less active members we had contacted a couple weeks ago that we hadn't been able to get a hold of and they were home and we finally got a return appointment for tuesday!
Yesterday we had a special fast for an elder's mom on sunday and I wanted to share this so that you could see the power of fasting. His mom was in a bike accident and had been in a coma with no sign of improvement for several days in a row. So President Hutchings invited us to fast for her, and as a result his mom was able to come off the machines and opened her eyes at about 3 pm yesterday, which was the time the entire mission stopped where they were to end our fast and pray for her. It was a powerful testimony to me that God hears and answers prayers!
I guess that is all for now! I am glad Josh liked the card, haha. I thought it was perfect for him!
I love you all! Keep me posted on anything going on!
Love always
Sister Turner
Monday, March 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment