background


Monday, December 6, 2010

December 6, 2010

We had our first snow yesterday! It didn't stick but it is freezing! I am not looking forward to the cold at all! Our week went by pretty fast. On Wednesday we went to the temple and got to perform every ordinance. It was very cool and the spirit was so strong there. It is so nice to be able to leave the world for a couple of hours and be in the temple. We had a good time, there were 8 sister missionaries there so we all went to lunch together and it was nice to see some of my old companions! Sister Rigley and Sister Green and Sister Blackham all go home at the beginning of February! It was weird to think that where I am now is where Sister Green was when we were together. I was with Sister Rigley when she hit her year mark in July, and now she only has two months left! I hit my year mark a week after they go home. It is going by faster and faster now! I wish I had something amazing to tell you but to be honest the work here in the Carnton ward is hard. We are really struggling to find new investigators but we just keep moving. We've been doing alot of praying recently because we aren't sure which direction to take to find people to teach. We've been trying to work with members, to get referrals but it isn't working out like we want it to but tracting doesn't seem to be very effective either. Christmas is right around the corner! I can't remember if I gave you the address of where I am staying right now, but here it is:

494 Royal Crossing
Franklin, TN 37064

Last night we had dinner with the Ross' and they told us some of their stories. Brother Ross used to be in a band and had hair to his waist. He was the general manager at the Hard Rock Cafe and has met alot of the country singers. It was pretty cool to hear some of his stories! He has Parkinson's disease now and Sister Ross is getting her gallbladder removed today. I want to do something nice for them for Christmas because they have done so much for us, letting us live with them and eat their food. They are a great family.

Well I can't really think of anything else to tell you for right now.. But I love you all! Hope you are all doing well

Love always
Sister Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment