background


Monday, December 13, 2010

December 13, 2010

Hello!


Wow it is cold! We got a pretty good snow yesterday! It was about 10 degrees below with the wind factor last night! It was so pretty though. It looked like a painting of Thomas Kinkade! It was awesome. We tried to take pictures but they didn't quite do it justice. Of course most of it has melted today, but it was pretty while it lasted! Life in Franklin is pretty good despite the cold! We finally found a new investigator last week, and we are praying that he will let us in when we come back. We have a couple of investigators and actually a family in our ward bring their grandma and aunt's family EVERY sunday, but they don't want to take the discussions. We also have Mary, who comes to church every sunday but she doesn't want us to come over. She was really sad when Sister Austin left here and so she told the sisters she didn't want the lessons anymore. So the ward is trying to take care of her, and she is still really nice to us but we can tell she is being a little stand-offish. But thats okay, she'll come around eventually! In the meantime we'll just keep working and finding... our favorite thing to do! Especially in the cold..

One funny thing we saw last week when we were driving, and you'll only see this in the south! We saw this sign, "are you frustrated?" and then a few feet later, "are you feeling overwhelmed?", "come to the drive through prayer at such and such church, and we will say a prayer just for you!" Yep, only in the south will you ever see a place you can have someone pray for you at a drive through! I also ate a banana and mayo sandwich for the first time yesterday. It actually isn't half bad, haha! I also had fried green tomatoes for the first time finally the other week. They are pretty good! Well I am going to let Sister Taratieru get on to e-mail her family. I don't think there is really anything else I want or need that I can think of. Whatever you want to send is fine!

Thanks and I love you!

Love
Sister Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment