background


Monday, December 20, 2010

December 20, 2010

Hello! Merry Christmas!


I got your christmas package, thank you so much! Sister Taratieru couldn't believe you got something for her too, haha. She told me to tell you thank you, and that you are very nice! I also got the package from the young women. That was very sweet of them. Packages are the greatest things on a mission! When we get mail we are excited, but when we get packages its like winning the lottery, haha. I am looking forward to experiencing Christmas in the mission field. I think it will be weird spending it with someone else's family, but I am sure it will be good. On Christmas Eve we are going to have a devontional with the Ross family and have a nice dinner on Christmas day. Brother Ross is going to cook prime rib, which I have heard is amazing.

The work is going, slowly, but it is going! We got a new investigator this last week and she is awesome. Her name is Ashley and she was a referral from the spanish elders. She is 19 and has a 4 month old little girl, and lives with her boyfriend, who has some serious issues, but she is trying to help him do better. She said she had no idea she would be so family oriented until she had her little girl and then realized how important a family is. Her mom kind of kicked her out of her house, so she moved in with her boyfriend and is trying to talk to him about becoming more stable as a family but he is resisting and they have financial problems. So she has a lot going on, but she really wants to make things better in her life and she came to church yesterday and loved it! I am excited for her, I think she is really prepared for the gospel. Even though she has made some mistakes, she has a good head on her shoulders. Her daughter is adorable too!

We had zone conference this past week and it was really good. We got to enjoy christmas as a zone and we did a white elephant gift exchange. I got some goofy string, haha! I also hit my 10 month mark this past week! Yesterday was a rough day for me, all of the stress of missionary work in this area finally broke me down yesterday when a recent convert called and yelled at me because he was sick and tired of the ward saying they were going to help him, and then they don't. He was upset! He's been trying to get his life together and get a better job so he can live in a better environment and needs rides to everything and has been having a hard time getting a hold of the members. I guess that was the last straw for me because as soon as I hung up the phone I started bawling. There are a lot of great things that happen on a mission but it is also very stressful at times. I feel better today, but I had about had it yesterday. My poor companion didn't know what to do with me, haha. I guess it all just hit me at once that I was so tired and couldn't do all of it by myself anymore. I know thats not the most positive thing to talk about, but it was reality for me yesterday! This has probably been the hardest area I have been in so far. But I am sure I will learn alot from it too.

I am guessing that I will call in the afternoon sometime, maybe around two? Possibly in the morning about 10 or 11 too, I am not exactly sure. One of those two times though. I am not sure if we'll be calling from the Ross' or from our cell phone either, so it depends on that!

Well, I have a couple of pictures from the snow we had. It was very pretty! Sister Taratieru also visited an investigator we have at the hospital.




Well I love you all!

I also sent you a package, you should get it today or tomorrow. I think it cost me almost as much to ship it as it did to buy what I bought, but oh well. Merry Christmas, I hope you enjoy!! :)

I love you all, talk to you soon
Love
Sister Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment