It has been a pretty good week here in Carnton. The work is kind of different here because of all the rich people. We are working with the members ALOT here because I guess tracting isn't very successful. We try to have 14 member visits a week! It is good though because we get to know the members better and we get them excited to do missionary work. We tried to go contact a less active the other day and before we could even get to their driveway they told us to leave. As we were driving away, he was either doing some weird voodoo thing or he took a picture of our license plate.. I'm not sure which, haha. But they aren't so friendly here! However, just yesterday we set a date! His name is Tony and he has been waiting for a long time to get his birth certificate so he could get married, and they are getting married today and his baptism will be on Wednesday! There are a couple of other people we are working with, but we still need more to teach. I do like living with members, they buy our food and tell us to make ourselves at home. They are really nice! They have two dogs, Gizmo and Ariel and every morning at 6:30 they come howl at our door for their morning walk! So atleast we are getting our exercise in the mornings! :) There is an older lady named Evelyn who tell us about 4 times every time we go over to her house, "if I was 10 years younger, I'd join the mormon..." and then when we share a thought with her she'll say, "is that from the king james version?" Haha, so she says she would be a mormon but she wont let us read from the book of mormon with her yet. But we have taught her pieces of the lessons. She is pretty funny. I think my favorite part about missionary work is talking to random funny old people and the rednecks!
Sister Taratieru is a great missionary. She is very bold but very sincere, and her english is pretty good too! Sometimes she has to pause to think about what she is trying to say, but she is doing good. This week is Thanksgiving and we get to have an all day p-day on thursday! We are sooo excited! I am not sure what time we'll be calling on Christmas yet. I am guessing we will be at the Ross' all day, so I would guess sometime in the late morning or early afternoon. I can't believe it is almost Christmas already! You asked what I want for Christmas and there are a couple of things I thought of. Jewelry (we can wear more now since the rules changed for sister missionaries!), Mindy Gledhill's new cds (anchor and.. something about wind i think), John Bytheway talks, gift cards, whatever you wanna send I guess! Yes, have everyone send pictures! Who did you say I had? Tyler? I will try to find something out here for him! There are a lot of cute shops and stores to shop at here, so I am sure I can find something.
Things are going great, I'm on the downhill slope now! I found out too that I actually am supposed to go home at the end of July rather than September because my ministeral certificate expires in August. So unless they extend me another 30 days, I will actually come home at the end of July! Which is even sooner! I dunno, we'll see what happens~
Well I love you all! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Love
Sister Turner
Monday, November 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment