background


Monday, November 15, 2010

November 15, 2010

Hello!!
Well, I can't believe it but I am getting transferred already! Both Sister Cosper and I are leaving and they are putting elders here. I am not sure what they are going to do with all of these army wives with deployed husbands! We were so sad when President Hutchings called us and told us we were leaving already. The ward was really sad when we told them. A couple people started crying when we told them. I don't like being the last sisters in an area! Even though the time in Clarksville was short I loved it. I remember our first week being white washed in with no car, we didn't know a thing about anyone, so we just started walking on the side of the road in the ditch with our huge map of the area! I'm sure people thought we were crazy. I guess we kind of are. Who else can randomly talk to anyone and try to invite ourselves in their homes to teach them? It has been a hard transfer but I feel like we worked really hard too. Clarksville is one area I hope I get lucky enough to come back!

I guess you are wondering where I am headed. I am going to Carnton, slightly south of Franklin where the temple is! In fact our church building is right next to the temple! I am pretty excited about that! My companion is Sister Teratieru, she is from a little island called Cerbati or something like that. She has been here for about 6 months and is learning english. So that will be a new experience! We will be living with a member, which will also be a new experience! Apparently Carnton is a rich upper class area that isn't so friendly. BUT the ward has 60% active members which is pretty high compared to the rest of Tennessee! So I will be headed there tomorrow morning. Sister Cosper on the other hand will be reopening Burgess Falls for sisters! My baby area! I gave her a huge list of people to go see. I didn't realize how much I missed that area until I went back to show her pictures.

Anyway, it ihas been a crazy week! I got sick, I think it was allergies. My eye started watering like crazy and I think my throat was swollen. We helped a lady clean her sisters house that got broken into, and it was super dirty and trashed. By the end of that day I felt awful, and the next day I woke up feeling sick still but much better but then we went and did another service project cleaning another house that was totally trashed. We were raking leaves and mowing the lawn and picking up trash that had probably been there piled up for years. It was pretty gross, I don't know how people could live in such a mess. I wish I had pictures to show you. Anyway, that didn't help because half way through that day I felt even worse. I feel alot better now but it was pretty terrible!

We had zone conference on friday and Elder C Scott Grow came. It was really good. I really miss having zone conference once a month. He told us to really work hard with less active members because if you can bring the spirit back into their homes, they are the greatest source for missionary work. We talked alot about faith and I took a whole bunch of notes but for some reason I can't remember what else we talked about. I guess it is good I took notes!

One of the things we are super sad about is that we will miss Tracy and Steve's marriage and baptism. :( They are getting married on Wednesday and baptized next friday. I guess thats the way it goes! I haven't gotten the conference talks on cd yet, so hopefully the elders coming here will forward them when they come. I did get the package with pictures and stuff though! It was great to be able to see you guys in action! It looks like Amanda had fun on her date, haha! I really like being able to see pictures of things happening in St George.

Here are a few more pics from the week!

The first one is.. wow.. I totally just forgot her name. She is from the Aliki family, Talisha or Tanisha.. dang it. Anyway, how old do you think she is? She's 14. Yep!

Me and Bobbaloo. She really enjoyed taking my camera and taking pictures of EVERYTHING and she was mad at me for taking the camera away..

Here we are with Tracy, Steve, Annabelle, and Kadin. They are such a cute family. Getting baptized in about 2 weeks!
We bought some ugly christmas sweaters for Christmas, and now we wont even be here together. :(
This is our district! We have a HUGE district. It is almost our whole zone. We had a lot of fun together though. This pic is fresh from this morning at the Logan's house, a senior couple. They fed us breakfast and then we played apples to apples!
Sister Copser and I! I cut my bangs straight across. I just don't know what to do with my hair anymore!
Well anyways, I love you!
I'll write again next week fron Carnton!

Love,
Sister Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment