background


Monday, October 18, 2010

Oct. 18, 2010

Hello! We had a great week this last week. Sister Fear and Sister Goff, two traveling sisters came to stay with us on friday night and we went on splits saturday and found 8 new investigators, taught 11 lessons, and contacted 24 people in 4 hours! It was pretty awesome. We went to a neighborhood that Sis Cosper and I were in during the first week and found 4 of them just in that neighborhood. So we have a bunch of return appointments that we have no idea how we are going to get to on time because we don't have a car this week and haven't found any rides yet. It will work out, but it is crazy. We also got a phone call from the Conary's, a family that we taught last monday night. They had been taught for 5 months about 2 years ago but wanted evidence of the book of mormon and the sisters dropped them. So we went back and tried to teach them, but they still were too focused on having the eveidence and basically we told them that until they could read the book of mormon and pray sincerely to know it is true, they would never know the truth. So we told them we'd love to come back but only if they thought it would be worth their time to learn. Well, we thought that was it but they called us on Saturday and told us they wanted us to come back! Now we just have to figure out what is the most important thing we want to focus on teaching. We were thinking about doing a lesson on faith but we don't know yet. Then yesterday we got to go to the Gladys Knight Fireside. We weren't sure we were going to be able to but last minute someone said they could come! I am so glad we did because it was awesome. I have to admit I have never cared much for her music, but getting to know her on a more personal level was very cool. She basically told everyone there, which there was a TON of non members there, that they WILL eventually come to know the truth. She had all of the missionaries stand up in the audience and told us how much she loved us and that it was because of the missionaries sacrifices that brought her the greatest happiness and she told everyone to let us in their door! Haha, it was really cool. She is a very funny lady and already has a huge influence on the people here in the South. It was really cool to hear about her conversion story. Her choir was really good too! She actually sang alot of southern baptist songs, ones that most people out here are familiar with and had everyone clapping but also had a few reverent songs to introduce our hymns. It actually felt more weird to some of the members than anyone else, haha. It was a really cool way to bring all kinds of people together though, it was awesome! I also got to see Jana! The funny lady in Cookeville that got baptized back in April! I ran up to her and gave her a big hug and she just started crying. I didn't realize how much I'd come to love these people out here. Even the ones who give me a hard time! Actually the ones who do give us a hard time I seem to have a greater appreciation for. Probably because I worked hard on them! But it was a great experience!


Do they already have the conference cd's for October? The ones you sent last time were the April conference.. so i just wanted to make sure you weren't sending them twice, haha. Thats okay you didn't send any mail.. I think I was being tested because I haven't gotten ANY mail at all in the last 2 weeks. I was a little discouraged about it last week but its fine now! Sister Cosper has had a dream every night for the last few nights that I get mail, and then in real life it doesn't come, haha. I was wondering, I don't know what kind of long sleeved or warmer clothes I have in the closet, but can you send me some if I have anything? Maybe another jacket and any other clothes there are? Or if you see anything that you think I would like, send it. Its not too cold yet, actually it has been nice during the day and cooler at night but I know the cold is coming! I could use some scarves and gloves and beanies too cuz I only have like one pair. You don't have to send all of it, just send me whatever and I can buy more if I need it out here. Luckily there are stores around! :) Oh, in the big box of shoes I have, I think the boots I bought are in it and it would be good to have those too!

 
Well, I am having lots of fun here in Clarksville! It is a good area, I am getting more and more used to it now. Here are a few pics!

First one: Me and some of the sisters at transfer meeting! Sister Fear, Sister Green and Sister Blackham!

Second: Our sister missionary shadows!

Third and fourth: Pretty fall leaves!
 











5th and 6th: I found my name! I knew there was a reason I was supposed to be in Clarksville! ;)


















7th: Sister Cosper and I at Creosha's house with her little sister and her friend.
This picture did not come through in her email.
8th: Me and Creosha!

9th: Sister Cosper and I!

Well I hope you all have a great week! i MISS YOU AND i LOVE YOU! It is always good to hear from you! I am going to send my other card so you can load the pics onto a cd soon, and then you can send it back. Thank you for all you do! Tell everyone I love them! Share the gospel!

Love always,
Sister Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment