Jana's husband got baptized on saturday night! He is a really nice guy, and it was really neat. We also met a family from Nigeria! They are so adorable. We had a really neat lesson with him and he said he has seen members of our church in Nigeria and always wondered what we believed. His name is Christian and his wife's name is Chinyere Chukwuu! Don't ask how you pronounce that. I am so excited to teach them more! They also have a daughter but I can't remember her name, it was something hard to say. It is starting to get pretty hot here, and HUMID. I pretty much feel sticky all day long, haha! I don't really appreciate the humidity at all. The last week we also had some random rainstorms in the afternoon. I LOVE the storms here! We were at Walgreens and from the second we stepped out and ran to our car, about 15 seconds, I was completely drenched! It was awesome! We found out that we might be moving sometime into a different apartment, but I don't know when. So if you send anything, send it through the mission address for now I guess. Not even President Hutchings knew when our lease was up, he just knew it was soon! This week is a pretty busy. We have zone conference tomorrow in Smyrna, and then thursday we are doing a service project for a lady in the ward for part of the day and then saturday is the big meeting with Elder Ballard. I am really excited about it! Pres Hutchings has asked that each companionship get 17 new investigators by saturday, so that as a mission we'll have 1,000 when Elder Ballard comes. So far we have 6!
Jana's grandaughter Foofi got really sick and the poor thing hates nurses now. Everytime a nurse walked in the room she would start screaming and reaching for the window waving her arm goodbye. She did NOT like being there! It was funny too because one of the nurses was like, ok well then I'll just leave, so she turned around and Foofi stopped screaming and smiled and waved goodbye. Little kids are so funny!
Wanda is planning on being baptized the 26th still, and she is still doing so awesome. She is such a strong woman, I don't know how she does it all. She even made us a full course meal, dessert and all on top of taking care of 6 kids, her husband, and dealing with her mother. Her mother also brought her brother over and basically told Wanda she needed to get on her knees because she was going to hell... and called the missionaries all sorta of names. We weren't there but she called us really distressed and hurt. But she says it is making her realize that she needs to be baptized even more.
I love the signs at the churches out here. We thought the soldier one was a good reminder on memorial day.
Cordell's baptism went really well, and he is such a good guy. Very soft spoken and gentle!
We had quite a few missionaries there! Sister Winder and Sister Whitehead showed up as a surprise for Cordell and it was fun to see my trainer again! T to B L to R: Brother Elliott, Brother Conley (our ward mission leader. He also lived in St George!), Me, Sister Green, Jana, Cordell, Sister Winder, Sister Whitehead, Vince (Jana's "grandson"), Elder GIlbert (love his face, haha! Jana had said "Jesus!" right before the picture was taken.), and Elder Pantelakis (he's a greenie, haha!)
The other picture of Sister Green and I out to lunch with the Elders after district meeting. Which is a weekly tradition!
The last picture is when I got drenched in about 15 seconds of running from Walgreens into the car! Only 1/2 of my body was soaked because the rain was coming down hard on an angle. It was fun!
Well I love you all! Thanks for everything! And just a reminder, I'd really like to have my super man bear.. :)
Love
Sister Turner
Oh and tell Grandma and Grandpa Happy Anniversary for me! Have fun at girls camp!
Monday, June 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment