I know, we tried e-mailing earlier but then there was a random storm that messed up the internet so we couldn't send anything... so we did our shopping first instead. I definately had a good weekend! :) We left here at about 11:45 and made it to Madison at about 1:30 and went to Dairy Queen. We got to the stake center and there by the Greyhound bus was standing Elder Williams! I thought that it might be weird seeing him after 9 months, but it wasn't at all. It was like old times, he is still my best friend! :)
Last week went by super fast! This week is a normal week, and then next week we get to go to the temple and have our interviews as well, so next week will go by fast as well. We reset a date with one of our investigators to be baptized on the 26th of June. We should have 2 baptisms that day which would make 3 for the month of June! It is pretty exciting. We have met a lot of new people this week that we are excited to teach. Wanda's mother had more elders from the church of christ come over to her house and they demanded she go get baptized again because she got baptized for the wrong reason years ago. So she asked them to show her why she needed to be baptized into their church and they showed her something in Acts, which talks about baptism and receiving the gift of the holy ghost (which they don't even believe in), and she said that her faith has been comfirmed that she is doing the right thing to be baptized by the proper authority. They were not too happy with her, but she is amazing that even before her baptism she has a solid foundation. It has been amazing to see her stand up for truth!
It is getting really really hot here. I thought I might die when we were in madison. It was probably about 100 degrees plus humidity. I may need money to go by some cooler skirts.. I know, I am trying real hard to be good with my money. I had to buy more postage and print out some pictures. I just don't know how to budget my money that well. 135 dollars a month is not very much to have to buy food plus laundry detergent, shampoo, toothepaste, dish soap, toilet paper, and whatever else we need. I'll probly get it down eventually. I feel like I was a little more careful this month. Plus our mission doctor told us we needed to start loosing weight because missionaries were getting too fat, haha. So he set up a program to eat 500 calories less each day and burn 500 more. So we are trying to buy healthy foods, which seem more expensive!? If you have any good advice, please share because it is HARD. Haha! We did find an old scale and if it is working correctly, I have lost about 8 pounds since the MTC! So I am just going to say it works just fine, haha. He told us we could lose about 2 pounds a week, so Sister Green and I are going to help each other stick to it.
I did get the superman bear in the mail! :) Thank you! I should have remembered to ask you earlier but we can wear headbands and stuff and I wish I would have brought the ones I had from home. I don't know where I put them, but if you find them or if you could even get more to send that would be awesome. The ones Janet makes, if she still does. It's not a necessity, but it would be fun to have.
Also, HAPPY FATHER'S DAY DAD! I LOVE YOU! I really appreciate all you do for me.
I Love you all, and I hope everything is going great. How is the back porch coming along? Is there anything new on it yet? I am interested to see what it looks like.
I am really going to try and remember to send Britt and Tyler an anniversary card, but if I forget tell them congrats on their first year of marriage! :) I can't believe it has been a year already! Geez!
Well I love you all! Hopefully I will have more pictures to send to you next week.
Love,
Sister Turner

No comments:
Post a Comment