The cabin trip sounds like it was a lot of fun! I bet the weather up there was perfect. I really do miss the cabin! Thank you for the recipes! I made chicken pillows for Sis Rigley and she loved them! :)
It has been a great week! We had a baptism for Emily! It went really well, she had a couple of non member friends and her parents there. Her Dad told her he would like to come to church with her! She is a very sweet girl. I'll have to get pictures for you next week because I forgot my camera chord. After the baptism we checked our phone and a family we had been teaching called and left a message saying they found a church to go to and no longer need our lessons. Which was a total surprise because they were doing so well. I think i told you about them, the Donnovans? Her husband had fallen from a scissor lift and broke a ton of bones and was recovering. I am guessing their old Pastor got back in touch with them. I hate it when our investigators get anti-ed. It happens ALOT out here! The day before the baptism we had a lesson with Sherry, who is more into having bible study than anything else. We decided to invite her to be baptized again, but she said "God wasn't leading her in that direction." So we decided to drop her because she is not progressing. :( So our teaching pool sort of dwindled into almost nothing this past weekend. All we really have left is Barry and Deborah and they are still praying about when they want to get baptized because she wants to have a nice wedding really bad. So we'll be doing alot of finding this week! Another thing, because we had been driving to Gallatin so often this month to teach Emily, and drove to Madison 3 times, we are down to about 10 miles a day for the rest of the month.. and the church is 30 minutes away. Haha, soooo we'll also be walking and biking ALOT. Oh, some other news! Transfers are tomorrow! Sister Rigley is leaving me here with no investigators and no miles, haha. She is headed to McMinnville and Sister Blackham will be my new companion. Just when we were finally figuring each other out and felt like we had a pretty good teaching system! Oh well, I am sure Sis Blackham will be just great!
I can't believe August is almost over! Today we went bowling with the elders again! It is quite fun! By the 3rd round my score was at its worst because those balls are heavy! But I am getting better at it! Mostly.. haha
Well, I guess there are some things you could send. Since all we have are christian stores here, some LDS stickers or something would be fun to have! Or just any kind of stickers. I get enjoyment from even the tiniest things out here, like stickers. Stationary stuff? Whatever you want to surprise me with! :)
Well I can't really think of anything else at the moment although I am sure there is plenty that has happened.
I love you all so much! Thank you for everything you do for me. I hope all is well for everyone!
Love always
Sister Turner
Monday, August 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment