background


Monday, August 9, 2010

Aug. 9, 2010

Thank you for the GPS! It has already helped me tremendously! There are a lot of country roads to get lost on out here. I know I have said this before but some of the houses we see out here are just.. a pile of junk is what it looks like! It is almost scary to drive around in the country at night because the houses are miles apart sometimes, so we don't do much tracting at night! We had a pretty good week though. Zone conference was really good, they talked a lot about how our attitude effects everything in missionary work. There are a lot of us who are just going through the motions and not really being happy in the work, so it was good to be reminded to work hard but be happy about it too! On saturday, we had a pretty rough day. Sis Rigley wasn't feeling well again, so we were in for a couple hours. When it got time to go out and work for the evening, all of our appointments cancelled on us.. which has been happening alot lately and we have been feeling like there is someone out there we are supposed to find. We had been praying and praying and finding a few people here and there, but no one who is genuinely interested in it. So we decided to pray again, it was about 8 o'clock and I felt like we needed to go to a Green Street. So we took out the GPS (so convenient to have it! :)) and the nearest green street was anbout 25 minutes away. So we'd barely have time to get there and say hi to whoever it is. But we decided, if that is the inspiration we got, we may as well follow it. So we finally get there, there are only 2 houses with lights on and the street is dark, but we pray and feel good about knocking on one of the doors. So we knock and this lady answers and tells us it is way too late for us to be out, she is baptist and doesn't want to hear anything we have to say.. door slams. We still don't understand why we'd need to drive clear out there, use 40 of our our miles, to have the door slam in our face. So we drove home really discouraged, wondering if we had done something wrong or why we haven't had much success. Who knows? I guess the Lord does, but it was discouraging. A miracle did happen the next day though at church! 4 of our investigators came to church, one of which has been worked on since January to get there! So that was pretty amazing. I am realizing more and more that I have no idea what the Lord has planned or even what I am doing, but it is all in his timing and I just have to learn to have the patience to wait.


We did pick one of our former investigators back up though last week! We are unsure of what to teach her though becuse she truly believes that there are alot of prophets on the earth today. But she still wants to keep learning and she wants to come to church, so we just have to be.. patient. Haha, like I said it is all about patience!

Wow Josh in 6th grade, Amanda a senior.. she'll be graduated by the time I get home! Holy cow..! What are you going to do Mom and Dad? Man, I still feel like I just graduated! Happy Birthday Mom! How old will you be? 29? ;) I am sending a package to you, hopefully you'll get it by your birthday but it might be a day or two late. I hope you get to do something fun for your birthday though! Tell Grandma and Grandpa hello for me, I hope all goes well in their colonoscopies. Doesn't sound like something to enjoy doing!

I haven't updated you about cody lately. He is actually in Knoxville now and says he likes it there. He seems to be doing really well! He'll reach his year mark in september! It is really good to both be experiencing the same frustrations and blessings of a mission. He definately has learned alot, has had a few more baptisms and is losing alot of weight! I am trying to keep up with him in that arena, but I have been able to lose 4 more lbs in the last 2 weeks finally! I keep trying to see myself needing new clothes when I get home because everything will be too big! :) The doctor calls me every week to see how I am doing and where I am at.

Well I guess that is all for now! I love you all sooooo much!
Love always,
Sister Turner

1 comment:

  1. We love you Crystal! It is so fun to hear about you! What a good missionary you are! (We always knew you would be!)

    ReplyDelete