background


Saturday, July 10, 2010

July 6, 2010

Hello!

We didn't get a chance to e-mail yesterday because the library was closed and the computers at the church were down. Happy 4th of July! I hope you all had a great weekend and that mom and Amanda are having fun in Chicago.

We finally had Wanda's baptism on Saturday and it went really really well. She was a little disappointed because the only member of her family who was there was her cousin who baptized her, but she was sure some of her family that have passed on were there. It was a very neat baptism!

Robert was able to sit through the whole thing. It is really cute to watch how well she takes care of him!

Our apartment is okay, haha. It is a little inconvenient to have to do laundry somewhere else, but it is part of the experience. I took a picture of "the cave" in our apartment, but the picture didn't quite do it justice. But you can at least get an idea of what it looks like.


We had a fun 4th of July. We had a ward breakfast at Cane Creek Park and it was a beautiful day. The weather was perfect, and surprisingly not as humid as it has been!

The work is going okay, but I feel like it is going fairly slow right now. It is probably a fault of our own since we have been moving and getting Wanda's baptism done. We have been teaching a nice girl named Darby who moved here with her husband. They had been meeting with the missionaries in Missouri and so we got to start teaching her. She has a cute little 6 month old who is adorable and she wants him to grow up in a stable home. The only issue is her husband isn't interested in our church and is reluctant to become involved. But she is very nice and a very good mom! We have quite a few new referals we are going to contact within the next few days so hopefully we will see the work pick back up again.

I am on the last week of the transfer already, so this will be my third one down! I have a strong feeling I will be transferred, and I will find out where most likely on Saturday night. I feel like it will be refreshing to be in a new area, although I am sad to leave Sister Green. We have had a lot of fun together, and she is a great missionary.

I don't have much else to say this week, but I do love you all!
I love you!

Sister Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment