background


Monday, July 12, 2010

July 12, 2010 2nd letter

Hello! It has been a busy week, but a good one. I will be transferred to Gallatin, TN tomorrow with Sister Rigley! I am excited to see a new place and get to know more people. That is the area Sister Green was in before she came to Cookeville and said it is a great area, so I am real excited! It is about 5 minutes from the Kentucky border.

In our last week here, we did a lot of service and had a lot of fun. We helped Ann weed her garden, and so she gave us all garden hats to wear, and Elder Lyon looks like Gilligan!


Haha, we had a lot of fun and she made us lunch which was probably the best meal I've had out here so far! She is so funny, probably one of my favorite people I've met out here. She is very spiritual, and she loves learning about religions but she thinks there is too much contention about church doctrine. It was so hot and I am more sore from doing a couple hours of gardening than doing 75 flights of stairs, haha. Gardening is not easy! Weeds everywhere! But it sure looked awesome when we were done!


The work is going pretty good. They are white washing our area, so elders will replace us here in Cookeville. I sure hope they take good care of our investigators and recent converts. Darby came to church and brought her son with her, she is so cute. She wants an answer so bad and is such a good person but I think she is scared of getting the answer. But after sacrament Wanda came and gave her a hug and whispered to her, "the book of mormon is true, and it will bring you so much peace in your life." She was very emotional through the whole service, which is usually a good sign that she is getting her answer. We just have to help her recognize it! Wanda called us this morning and told us Robert had a seizure or something while she had all of her children over there, and so she had to rush him to the hospital. We are still waiting to hear back from her to find out exactly what happened but they think it had something to do with his heart. It really is one thing after another after another with her. But she is holding out strong and the sisters in the relief society stepped in to take care of all the children. I am so glad the ward was able to step in because there was nothing we could really do. That is one thing I have learned so much about on my mission. I had no idea how great of an impact the members have on investigators! I will always remember to help out the missionaries as often as I can when I get home! And make sure that the investigators feel welcome there.

I am glad you had so much fun in Chigaco! Tell Amanda congrats on her gold medal, that is awesome!

I love you all so much!
Love Sister Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment