background


Monday, April 19, 2010

April 19, 2010

Hello family! I am doing good! Jana was set to be baptized sunday morning, and then thursday night we found out she had gone to the hospital.. so we had to postpone it. She has congestive heart failure, but she is home now and we will be praying she will make it this week. She is ready though, and really excited to go to the Gladys Knight fireside on May 5th, which will be cool to go to. It is a missionary fireside for people to invite investigators and non members, and she is convinced Gladys and her will be BFFs, haha. She is such a funny lady, she has invited 12 people to come, so it will be a really good missionary opportunity! Everywhere she goes, she tells people she is "fixin to be a mormon."


I get to stay in Cookeville at least one more transfer, but Sister Winder is moving to McMinnville. So, my greenie buster is going to be Sister Greene! Haha, I thought that was pretty cool! I am excited, even though I just got used to Sister Winder. I am glad I am not leaving yet though, I felt like my work here in Cookeville was incomplete. With Jana's baptism being delayed, and issues with Wanda. Wanda had a really rough week! We went passed her house on Tuesday and she had a do not disturb sign on her door, and we tried calling her, never answered, so we started to get worried. Well we decided to knock finally on friday night and she let us in, her eyes were puffy and red from crying. Turns out she went to the doctor, and he let her know she has thyroid cancer. Which is the LAST thing she needs. So we gave her a blessing, and tried to comfort her. Her testimony is still so strong, but she is completely exhausted and was concerned about what else might happen. She wasn't able to make it to church, so her baptism is being postponed. She'll still make it, she really really wants to be baptized!

It has been a crazy week! Half of our transfer has been spent visiting people in the hospital I swear! Nobody wants to be our investigators in fear they might end up in the same place! ;) haha! Well I guess that isn't very funny, but we are trying to find humor in all of it. We still haven't ridden our bikes, we have a full time car and so we usually park somewhere and then walk around in that area. But I am sure I will get to use it someday!

The mission is going by pretty fast, it is weird to look back in these last 6 weeks and realize how it feels like just yesterday! We are going to go hike Burgess Falls with the Elders for P-day today, and I am really excited! Everything turned green like overnight, it is so cool! Lia had her baby, 6 weeks early. He is only 4 pounds! He is healthy though amazingly. He is so little! One of the hardest things is not being able to hold children and babies. All I could do was stare at him, it was so hard! Well I am going to go through my pictures and send some in another e-mail.

I love you! Oh, can you send me pictures of the family, and the work you are doing in the backyard? I want to see what is going on! I am glad that Mike's farewell went really good. I am excited for him! Tell everyone hello, and I love them!

Love always,

Sister Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment