Hello! Thanks for the e-mail. I am glad to hear everything is going well out there! I did finally get my card, so i can keep better track of money now!
The pictures I sent are a little random but they are a little taste of tennessee! The blossoms are gorgeous out here, so I sent a couple pictures of those.
Foofi, the cute little black girl is Jana's granddaughter. She is over at Jana's alot! Her real name is Janaya, which I think is adorable!
And then the man sitting on the swing is a junk yard where people can go buy.. junk!
I can't remember what other pics i put.. uh.. Oh the one of me, I was eating a fried oreo. We decided to try making them last p-day. They are not very good at all. Full of grease nastiness. But we tried it!
We will hopefully have another baptism on saturday... Jana's! She told us last friday was her last day of smoking and she is going to be baptized. Yesterday at church the Elders had an investigator at church and he was outside smoking, and Jana smelt it... She scared the poor guy half to death and told him if she can't smoke then neither can he, especially not on church property. Sister Winder and I were like... oh dear! but then she actually turned it around and told him she didn't mean to scare him, and that he could quit with her, that he came to the right place for help, and that you have to put your faith in Jesus Christ. We were quite proud of her! She called us this morning and told us she is really struggling with it today, so we put her name on the prayer roll at the temple and we talked to her about how Moses was tempted 3 times by Satan, but that he had the strength to overcome, and so can she. That seemed to help her out alot! We thought we were going to have 4 investigators at church yesterday, only one showed up. And that was Jana! I am not sure what happened because kristen was really excited to come. Wanda and Robert ended up going to the hospital again because he fell a couple days ago and thinks he might have fractured his hip. Pres Hutchings gave her permission to be baptized on the 24th still, as long as she gets to church this next sunday.
As for myself, I am doing pretty well. Time seems to go by slow but fast. If I look ahead and think about that I still have about 16 months ahead of me, it feels like forever away. But if I look back and realize I have been gone for almost 2 months, it feels like it has gone by pretty fast. I have been missing home a lot lately, and missing Cody alot too. I am doing my best to keep focused the work, and not to think about the future too much. It will come! The bishop finally got back from Taiwan last night, which is great! He has been gone for almost 5 weeks. It has been weird not having the bishop here. Transfers are next tuesday, and I should find out if I will be transferred or not on saturday, so I will let you know what happens. I am doing well though, no worries! Sister Winder and I do our best everyday, and some days are harder than others but thats normal I think! Like yesterday, being fast sunday. That was a long day!
Well I love you all, I miss you! Tell Mike congrats on the call! We'll have to write each other! Oh, mom could you get Cody's family address for me? I want to write Anne and say hello to them. Thanks for all of your love and support!
Love always,
Sister Turner

No comments:
Post a Comment