Hello!
Well, Desi can do some serious work on my hair when I get home cuz I will probably need it! Sounds like it has been a good week for you guys! We had a great week as well. Traveling is quite the experience! I am a little nervous to take over when Sister Larsen leaves because there is sooooooo much to do and remember and I feel so scattered about who and where everyone is. But it is awesome! Sister Larsen has been talking to a girl she knew in Dickson about a year ago and her family is really hard core baptist and she told us this week that she believes the book of mormon is true and is trying to figure out how she is going to tell her parents. She is an amazing girl. I love seeing how the gospel changes people. We had zone conference this past week and the reality of the call of a missionary hit us both pretty hard. I realized that those who hear the message and choose to reject it will have that over their heads, and that is a little scary!
We also had stake conference, it was a broadcast and Elder Eyring, Elder Ballard, and Bishop Edgely spoke pretty powerfully on missionary work in the eastern united states and he gave some amazing promises! It made me so incredibly grateful that I have an opportunity to serve here. I kept thinking of the revelation Ezra Taft Benson had about the south becoming a top baptizing mission and it felt like in stake conference they were repeating the same things as if to tell us to prepare for it. Elder Eyring mentioned that missionaries coming home from their missions will have a greater fire of the gospel that will benefit the future generation than ever before. Elder Ballard told us we needed to be in a hurry about sharing the gospel. He told us that we don't have time to waste, we are in the last dispensation and we need to be in a hurry. I wish I wrote everything down that they said because it was amazing! I had a really spiritual experience as I was sitting there too, as if God was literally giving me strength and that fire at that moment. Maybe it will be available on lds.org? I would sure hope so! We set another date this weekend. Jaylin, she is an 18 year old and she wants to be baptized on June 11! That gives us a total of 7 future dates! But I really feel like none of it is because of what I am doing because I still fell like i don't know what is going on! Haha. Yes, we got to go down to Mary's baptism and it was so great. She will make an amazing member of the church!
So yes, we had a great week! I am doing fine! Trying to eat healthy! I've never felt so tired but it is a good tired, knowing that I have worked hard.
I love you all!
Love Sister Turner
oh, yay for taxes! Thank you! We went to metropolis, the home of superman and they had a store and I couldn't resist buying some superman stuff.. so that is what that $40 went to. No more though. I just wont go shopping for anything.. but i do need stamps.
Monday, May 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment