Yep, Nashville has been flooding. We haven't had bad floods but it rained really really hard last night. It was really cool! Saturday night at about 4:30 we were called and told to get indoors until further notice. So we went home and stayed there the rest of the night! It was kind of an odd week last week. Nothing all that exciting happened, haha.
Jana had planned a dinner and "bible study" and she wanted to invite her daughter, her boyfriend, and some of her neighbors so we were really excited about that, and then only one of them was able to come. It was really good though and he told us he wants to learn more, so hopefully something more will come from it.
We were told this morning that the Gladys Knight Fireside has been cancelled due to the flooding in Nashville.. so we are a bit sad about that! We had quite a few people who wanted to come and it would have been a really good missionary experience. Hopefully they will be able to reschedule or something.
I haven't gotten any christmas cards yet, haha. Maybe I will get them today? We were at Wal-Mart last week looking at chewable vitamins because I just can't swallow pills and I found this woman's one a day drink mix! And it tastes really good, I was surpised. I know, that is really random but I was really excited about it.
Oh, one thing that would be kind of nice to have eventually is if you want to look on the internet and see if you can find a good decently priced GPS, that would be nice! Its not an emercency but be on the lookout for one. Also, I don't know if it is sitting out or if I packed it away, I can't remember. But if it is out, I would love it if you could send the superman bear! If its not, you don't need to because I have no idea where I would have put it.
We have been doing a lot more member visits this week to get to know them better to see if we can get some more referrals and more member help. This week we are going to focus on service, which I am really excited about. We are going to do simple service for every single house we go to whether they are investigators, members, or whoever. Even if it is as simple as taking out the trash or something. We feel that if we focus on serving others that they will be more willing to listen.
As far as Mother's Day goes, I think it will probably be more like eveningish when I call but I am not totally sure. Maybe if I call at about 6 our time, it would be like 4 your time I think? It kinda depends on which member is going to have us over. Is there a time that works better? Let me know if there is. Or you could send me your cell phone number and I can call that first to see where you are? I don't remember what that number is though.
Well, I am looking forward to talking to you all!
I love you, and thank you for all that you do for me!
Love,
Sister Turner
Monday, May 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment