background


Monday, May 17, 2010

May 17, 2010, pictures

It has been a pretty good week out here in Tennessee. We had to drive ourselves to Zone Conference clear in Nashville, well Franklin, but it used up 200 of our miles this month because we couldn't find any rides from the members. We may just have to use our bikes by the end of the month! We were a little frustrated but zone conference went really well and we enjoyed it. It always gives us another boost!


We have done a lot of service this week at member's houses and I am making myself an oath that I will never become a pack rat. People out here have the randomest junk and they keep it all. It is really fun to clean up other people's houses though and see what a relief it is for them. There is a family, the Nortons who were baptized just over a year ago and have been struggling in just about every way possible in life, and we went over to help them clean and I didn't know where to even start. There was stuff literally everywhere! They are a really nice family, the mother is from London and she has a really cool accent so it is fun to hear her talk. I have learned alot out here about what I do not want to do! :)

We decided to go over to some former investigator's houses to see how they are all doing and we were able to visit with a few of them. We ran into Mitchell who Sister Winder and I tracted into the beginning of last transfer and never could get in touch with him again and so we decided to try again this last week and he was home! So we got to teach him a first lesson and he was pretty receptive and felt the spirit alot as we taught, and wants us to come back this week. He is an extremely humble guy and he has a really great love for his family. Him and his wife said they've been married for 26 years, which is an amazingly long time out here. I swear everyone in tennessee has been married, divorced, remarried, etc several times. Its pretty sad how much divorce there is out here, and single mothers. But the work is still going. We have a goal as a mission to increase our baptisms each month. This month it is 35, next month is 50, July is 75, and August is 100!

This transfer is going by pretty fast. All we have left is this week and next and then it is time for transfers again! Time is really weird out on a mission. Sometimes it feels like I have been here forever and other times it feels like it has gone by so fast. It is really weird! I don't really know how to explain it. My companion told me to just not even think about time and just focus on the day, haha. Today is actually my 3 month mark though! The time that Sister missionaries are out is weird too. It is actually either just 17 months or 19 months because if we left exactly at the 18 month mark it would be in the middle of a transfer. So I probably wont get to come home until the first week of September unless they send me home a tansfer early and it would be the end of July. I think it is really weird. Not that I am thinking too much about the end already, it is just weird haha!

Well I have rambled on and I need to write to President Hutchings. I love you all! Thank you for your prayers and your letters, I really appreciate them. I like your hair btw mom!

It isn't a huge rush for the GPS, but I do really want the superman bear. :) Thank you!

The first picture is the sisters in the McMinnville Zone and the Franklin zone at zone conference. They are a really fun group of girls!


The picture of the old rusty trucks and condemned house is an address we had of a less active member on our ward list we tried to visit... I sure hope nobody lived there! We didn't even dare go knock on the door! It was really creepy... so we took a picture of it instead.

We were driving down this road and all of the sudden saw a row of beautiful wild flowers, so we stopped and took pictures! They even had poppies!! My favorite flower! They had red an pink ones. The flowers out here are so pretty, I have never seen so much plant life before. All kinda of trees and flowers just about everywhere!


Love,
Sister Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment