Crystal with Kewandra and companion Sis. Winder
We went to the temple last wednesday! The Nashville temple is pretty small, but it is pretty! We are still struggling to find new investigators, but we have 3 progressing now! Wanda and her husband have dates set for April 24th (4 days after the transfer, so hopefully we will still be here..!) and Jana has one set for April 17th. We are praying those dates will stick! We are doing really well though out here. Missionary work is definately not for wimps. I feel like we never get enough sleep, haha! But it is great, I love it. The people out here are so nice and so many people love Jesus! We met a pastor the other day, who says his congregation calls him Pastor "Dawg" hahaha! He was very nice and had a million questions for us about our church. We gave him a Book of Mormon and he said he would read it. He is the pastor for what he calls the Beatty Swamp Community Church. We are hoping he will read the book of mormon and gain a testimony and be baptized so that his entire congregation will follow.. :) There is a quote they gave us that President Kimball said about the south. He said that there will come a time when the south missions will be the highest english speaking baptism rate in the world! He said that when the churches begin veering left and right that the people will start searching for the truth, and that there will be tens of thousands people baptized and that temples will be plural in the south states! That makes me excited! I hope we can get that rolling here soon. :P There are SO many churches here it is unbelievable! We'll get them someday though!
I need to start writing notes on what I need to tell you guys because the days all blend together and I can't remember everything that has happened! Thank you so much for your letters! I love you all! BTW, we are already 1/2 way through this transfer already! Tranfers last about 6 weeks, and who knows if one of us will be moved somewhere else or not. Anyway, keep keeping me updated on everything!
Love,
Sister Turner
Sister Winder and Sister Turner

No comments:
Post a Comment