background


Wednesday, February 24, 2010

First email!

Ok, I have to make this fast! I only have 27 minutes to write what I want to write! The MTC has been an interesting experience so far. I have been here for one week and it seriously feels like I have been here for a month, the days are so long. The first couple days were overwhelming but we've gotten used to the daily routines more now. Me and my companion, Sister Christie have a goal to get 140 street contacts and to teach 20 lessons this week! Yep, even at the mtc that is possible! She is quite ambitious but she is really great! She is really funny and keeps me laughing. She is like the clown of our district! It has been really great. The first day here we couldn't stop laughing because we had no idea what was going on. The other sisters in our district are awesome too. Sister Ferrons and Sister Millburn! Sister millburn's parents are actually mission presidents for the richmond virginia mission, and so she gets to serve a year early. She just turned 20, but she is awesome! Today is our p-day and we were told we aren't supposed to write letters until p-day and it has been very hard not to write letters at night because there are so many things I want to tell you and cody! I think I am sitting in the same desk as cody did because underneath the desks people wrote where they are going and i saw one in big bold letters KNOXVILLE! that looked like cody's handwriting. We have been able to teach "investigators" or missionaries pretending to be investigators and it has been a huge learning experience. we are told to teach more based off of their needs rather than exactly by the lessons, so it was a big eye opener! You really have to listen to them and rely on the spirit to teach. The other elders in our district are really cool and humble guys. Oh and all 6 of the elders are all going to nashville! One of them is the sweetest elder. He has had a stuttering problem all of his life and it was even at a point where he couldn't even speak, but as he prepared for his mission he was able to overcome some of it. He still stutters when he talks sometimes but I just want to give him a hug because he tries so hard, and he has such a strong testimony! I will have to send you pictures when I can get them developed. On Sunday we walked to the temple and took pictures of our zone. Everyone is so nice and excited to be here, it is amazing. I only have 12 days left until I will be in tennessee! Wow! Well I fell like my testimony has grown alot here and I can already feel just how much we are loved and how much everyone needs the gospel in their lives. We made the connections that Heavenly Fathers glory is not so much in himself but in his children and we compared that to the missionary work. It isn't about me, or any other missionary. It is about the people we are serving. We are told repeatedly to forget our fears and insecurities and to just be interested in the welfare of the investigators. The spirit is so strong here, and I love it. I am doing well and I am a little bit nervous to start talking to real people, haha, rather than people pretending, but I just have to rely on the Lord and trust that he will help me. I hope you are all doing well! The gospel is true and we need to be more willing to love and be-friend everyone and bring them closer to Christ. I better get off before it kicks me off. I love you guys! Remember to send this to everyone, and mom if you could, will you get cody's mom's address so you can forward these e-mails to her family as well? Thank you! And thank you for getting those thank you notes sent! I forgot about those! Say hello to the family and tell them I love them! Love always, Sister Turner

1 comment:

  1. How great to have email! The MTC is great! The experience is unlike any other, love it!

    ReplyDelete